Re: Re : [Freeciv-Dev] AI (was: Beta 1.8.0)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re : [Freeciv-Dev] AI (was: Beta 1.8.0)
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 17:54:11 -0300

On Mar 05, Alexandre BERAUD decided to present us with:
> If the AI is omnicient, then I understand many things. But the real
> problem is that the AI develops technologies too fast ! Please code
> a simple play level where it wouldn't earn technologies that fast.

IMO the omniscience is very bad because it doesn't have to
allocate resources for exploration. While in the first few
centuries I'm very busy building my empire, choosing places for
cities and getting to know my continent, the AI already starts
knowing all the world and can jump straight to the best places
for a city, thus grow faster in number, militar power and
science.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----