Re: Re : [Freeciv-Dev] AI (was: Beta 1.8.0)

To: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re : [Freeciv-Dev] AI (was: Beta 1.8.0)
From: Tony Stuckey <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:28:14 -0600

On Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 06:35:05PM +0100, Alexandre BERAUD wrote:
> If the AI is omnicient, then I understand many things. But the real
> problem is that the AI develops technologies too fast ! Please code
> a simple play level where it wouldn't earn technologies that fast.

        The AI omniscience means that it knows about undefended cities and
will try to take them.  Removing AI map knowledge means that it will have
to explore that far.
        This can be a problem if you are new to the game and send all your
units out exploring.

> For Per: A 'really easy' level is not enough. We need a 'Only for Alex
> BERAUD to win at last' level ! (with an absolutely null IQ).

        That would be the earliest AI, which founded a single city and
never built settlers. :)

--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.