Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder Tiles (at last !) :o)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder Tiles (at last !) :o)
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 18:39:50 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Alexandre BERAUD wrote:
> It's my opinion. I don't know exactly how coders are going to use
> them, but it might look fine with the engels tiles under them.

The tiles are splendid. For a start, I think they can be used in the city
dialog and the help system.

Another idea would be to separate wonders and cities, so that wonders
that are not city-specific can be placed anywhere on the map (not
necessarily on precious city squares). The wonders would need some kind
of marker that would tell who owned them, but then enemies could much
easier capture wonders. Imagine your precious Michelangelo's getting
captured by an Explorer, plunging your empire into chaos... Maybe wonders
could have a hp bar for marker and be automatically protected by a 2
strength, hidden, no-ZOC unit that would be recreated on the side of the
conquerors when killed... or something...

Yours,
Per