Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A city doesn't have a mine beneath it

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A city doesn't have a mine beneath it
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:47:31 -0500

Florian Klein (kleinf@xxxxxx) wrote:

> I've even irrigated city squares and after that they get one more
> food... Is there a problem considering cities as being irrigated by
> default?

You should not be able to irrigate a city square.  However, you can
change the terrain type of a city square by pressing 'I' -- for example,
you could change it from a Swamp to Grassland.  This would certainly
increase your food output.

This reminds me of a strange behavior I saw while playing a few days ago
(from a CVS snapshot).  I had the Railroad advancement, and captured
enemy cities belonging to a bunch of illiterate AI savages who didn't
know about the Railroad.  The captured cities did not acquire railroads
on their city squares.  (In Civ2, under these circumstances, the cities
automatically acquire railroads.  A popup box even appears to tell you
that this has occurred.)

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.