Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Engels tileset and flags

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Engels tileset and flags
From: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 10:07:50 -0500

David Pfitzner (dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> (Transparent flags = "yes" is now the default, but if you already
> have a .civclientrc you won't notice the new default.  Actually,
> I think it would be better if this option were removed, and have
> flags always treated as transparent, and alter the classic flags
> to remove what transparency they do have.)

Hmm... I don't have a .civclientrc as far as I know (unless the client
wrote one while I wasn't watching ;-).  I'll play around with that.

> Or how about if we moved the hitpoint bar to lower left, and moved
> the letters which go in lower left so they sit just above the new
> hitpoint bar?  (Just for the Engels tiles; notice this can be done
> just by modifying tiles.xpm, and not touching the code.)

I like that idea.  But I don't cherish the thought of making all those
modifications to the tiles....

--
Greg Wooledge                    | Distributed.NET http://www.distributed.net/
wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx             | because a CPU is a terrible thing to waste.