Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Engels tileset and flags

To: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Engels tileset and flags
From: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:27:29 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> This is just a general comment about the flags and the Engels tileset.
>
> Sometimes it's really hard to determine which player a unit belongs to
> when using the Engels tileset.  Both the flag and the hit point indicator
> are in the upper-left corner of the tile; and the unit's picture also
> obscures the flag.  This makes it hard, in many cases, to tell what flag
> is being displayed.

The flags/hitpoint bars can be moved around.  It's not very hard to do with
the gimp, just select the all the flags/hitpoint bars at once and move them
over a bit.  Though I'm not sure where to move to get a better look.

> The background color of all the units is black when using the Engels
> tileset.  It might be better if this black region were replaced with a

You don't have "transparent flags" on in the client options.  Instead of black
it should be transparent.

> solid color unique to each player.  (This could be done in addition to
> having the flag, right?)  That would make at-a-glance identification
> much easier.

Try "solid unit background color" in the client options.  It does this instead
of (not in addition to) the flag pixmaps.