Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Call To Power on Linux !

To: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Call To Power on Linux !
From: Nicolas Brunel <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:33:35 +0000 (GMT)

> > How should we welcome such a decision ?

> I'm extremely pleased about the availability of this game on Linux.
> I'll certainly be buying a copy.
I think i will do the same.

> > Do you think we have a chance against such a game ?

Are we competing against it ?

I think not. At most, there is 20 freeciv server running at
the same time half on them with one human player.
So we won't compete against CTP as we have never done against civI and
civII. As an open project source, our aim is to have pleasure
developpeming a program as interesting as possible. If people
enjoy our work, that's good and that isn't our goal.

It don't how large is the linux game market. That market
is very interesting to have servers running all over the world.

A freeciv addict, ( and soon CTP traitor if there aren't too much
patches incoming )