Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug tracking system

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug tracking system
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 10:28:59 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, David Pfitzner wrote:
> Hmm, we actually have a bug tracking system (jitterbug based),
> setup for us a month ago by LinuxCare <http://www.linuxcare.com/>.
> Its at <http://www.linuxcare.com/cgi-bin/freeciv-bugs>.
> But it still needs someone (a freeciv someone) to put some work
> into learning how to use it and get it up and running and useful
> for freeciv...

Who has write/admin access to it? It would be nice if every
active contributor could have a jitterbug account, and be able
to add replies etc.

How about using the following folders:
        - incoming (unsorted)
        - bugs
        - fixed (bugs)
        - wishlist
        - patch-queue
        - patches-applied
        - patches-rejected

As to where to send stuff... I think patches should be sent to the
list as usual, and leave it up to whoever sends the patch to submit
it to jitterbug for tracking. Bug reports through jitterbug will
probably be a lot of FAQs... if possible, maybe as a matter of policy
all messages moved from "incoming" to "bugs" should be sent here.
Patches erronously sent to incoming could be forwarded to the list and
then moved to "patch-queue"... or something.

Yours,
Per