Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug tracking system

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug tracking system
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:30:53 +1100

Regarding bug tracking systems (bts), I guess one question for
discussion is how we want to use the bts in conjunction with
the mailing lists?

Currently, the procedure to submit bug reports is to post to
freeciv-dev.  Thats good because everyone sees the report, but
it could get forgotten.  (There are the archives, but no
classification, record of actions taken etc).

So should people still post bugs to freeciv-dev, and then
(sometime) someone (who?) submits a bug report to the bts?
Or should people post first to the bts and then someone (who?)
raise the issue on freeciv-dev if required?
Should emails generated by the bts be gated to freeciv-dev,
or to a new mailing list (eg freeciv-bugs), or...?

As you might gather, I don't have any firm ideas...
Anyone have experience with this sort of stuff? :-)

-- David