Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug tracking system

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] bug tracking system
From: Daniel Gudlat <gudlat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 09:06:43 +0100 (MET)

Hello Freeciv-team,
David wrote:
> Regarding bug tracking systems (bts), I guess one question for
> discussion is how we want to use the bts in conjunction with
> the mailing lists?
>
> Currently, the procedure to submit bug reports is to post to
> freeciv-dev.  Thats good because everyone sees the report, but
> it could get forgotten.
<snip>

I don't have any firm ideas either (let alone experience in that matter),
but for above reason, I'd prefer something like this:
The bug should be submitted to the bts (so it doesn't get forgotten). The
bts then sends a notification mail to freeciv-dev, so we all get to see
(and possibly discuss) the thing. If it's a bug, it should get fixed
(obviously ;-) and be treated accordingly in the bts. If it's not,
someone (who?) should reclassify the thing in the bts, as it might still
need clarification (documentation) or improvement in the future.

This is just my deranged opinion, of course...

Bye,
--
Daniel "Gudy" Gudlat                (mailto:gudlat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
ICQ-UIN: 5258903               (http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~gudlat)