Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Focus problems.

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Focus problems.
From: Dee Jay Randall <randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 13:27:40 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, David Pfitzner wrote:
> Dee Jay Randall wrote:
> >   Anyway, after about 10 cvs update -D somedate and subsequent
> > builds, I found that the November 14, 1998 version works and the
> > November 15, 1998 has the focus problem. It looks to me like the
> > changes checked in on the 15th were those involving moving to a
> > config.h file. It looks to me to be mostly changes to the configure
> > scripts and "#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H; #include <config.h>; #endif"
> > in numerous .c and .h files.
> Oh thats right, you're using IRIX, aren't you...
> (There used to be IRIX configure problems, but I'd hoped
> they'd been fixed.)
>
> My first guess is that its got something to do with library
> linking order, which may well have changed with the configure
> changes (and also changed again sometime later).
>
> Can you check the compile and link lines from those two dates
> and see if there are relevant differences?  (There will also
> be lots of irrelevant differences...)

  Ok. It's the library order. In 1.7.2, this does not work:
    -lSM -lICE -lXaw -lXpm -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lX11 -lnls

and this does:
    -lXaw -lSM -lICE -lXpm -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lX11 -lnls

  Just move the -lXaw in front of both -lSM and -lICE.

  I tried some different orders of Xaw, SM, and ICE to no avail. I
probably didn't try all the orders though.

> (For comparison, does building using Imakefile (or Makefile.noimake)
> work for you?)

  Didn't try this.

  Thanks for the pointers.

  randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  |                                                   |
                       { }        "Faggot clown powers indeed...."         { }
   _-__-_  ouch,       { }                - Darph Bobo, the Dark Clown,    { }