Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Focus problems.

To: randal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Focus problems.
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 23:09:16 +1100

Dee Jay Randall wrote:

>   Anyway, after about 10 cvs update -D somedate and subsequent
> builds, I found that the November 14, 1998 version works and the
> November 15, 1998 has the focus problem. It looks to me like the
> changes checked in on the 15th were those involving moving to a
> config.h file. It looks to me to be mostly changes to the configure
> scripts and "#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H; #include <config.h>; #endif"
> in numerous .c and .h files.

Oh thats right, you're using IRIX, aren't you...
(There used to be IRIX configure problems, but I'd hoped
they'd been fixed.)

My first guess is that its got something to do with library
linking order, which may well have changed with the configure
changes (and also changed again sometime later).

Can you check the compile and link lines from those two dates
and see if there are relevant differences?  (There will also
be lots of irrelevant differences...)

(For comparison, does building using Imakefile (or Makefile.noimake)
work for you?)

-- David