Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Is client/server protocol documented anywhere?

To: lduperval@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Is client/server protocol documented anywhere?
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 21:58:09 +1100

Laurent <lduperval@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also, seeing as there is a ruleset patch coming up Real Soon Now, does
> that change a lot in the client? I'm currently just writing the code for
> the windows and stuff and want to know if I should wait for rulesets
> before implementing any functionality.

Rulesets doesn't change things drastically, though there
are quite a few small changes.  Mainly the unit_types[],
improvement_types[] and advances[] arrays are filled in at
run-time rather than be compiled in.  As far as the protocol
is concerned there are three extra packets and some minor
changes to existing packets.

http://msowww.anu.edu.au/~dwp/freeciv/patches/rs_new2a.diff.gz
is an only slightly out-of-date rulesets patch which may give
you some idea.  (To be updated, yep, real soon now.)

-- David