Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Is client/server protocol documented anywhere?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Is client/server protocol documented anywhere?
From: lduperval@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 19:53:33 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

For the hell of it, I've decided to write yet another client in Tcl/Tk
(and maybe Python/Tk later, who knows?). I was looking at the client
stuff in the gtk code and was wondering if it was documented anywhere
other than the code. Something like:

Disband units: n bytes of data where byte 0 = bla, byte 1 = bla, etc.
.
.
.

Also, seeing as there is a ruleset patch coming up Real Soon Now, does
that change a lot in the client? I'm currently just writing the code for
the windows and stuff and want to know if I should wait for rulesets
before implementing any functionality.

Thanks,

Laurent

--