Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] helpdata.txt patch

To: Greg Wooledge <wooledge@xxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] helpdata.txt patch
From: Tony & <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:51:26 -0600

On Mon, Jan 11, 1999 at 04:06:05PM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> [1]I picked up a copy for Christmas and so far I've won 1 game on
> Prince level.  Freeciv prepared me quite well for everything except
> Fundamentalism and Paratroopers, which are *evil*. :-)

        And partisans.  Don't forget partisans.

        Yeah.  Civ2 really has the problem that Fundamentalism is the
only way to conduct War, and Democracy is the only way to conduct Peace.
        The advantages for each are just way too cool.

        This is one reason why I want to get a Fundamentalism patch for
Freeciv out. :)  Look for it before March.  This is going to really help
the AI, as well, since the warlike model is something that it really likes.
        And the halved science output isn't an issue, because you can
always take technology when you take a city.  So you let other people do
your research for you.  (The Great Library also helps with this.)

--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.