Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] auto-attack

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] auto-attack
From: Sebastian Fischmeister <sfischme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 13:37:27 +0100

Hello.

It seems as if atto attack is comming. I implemented a very rude
version (all sentry units in a city are used for the auto-attack), but
before I begin with the fine tuning I would need some help from you:

-----

Why do all units have much more 'moves_left' than they actually should
have ? For example a chariot has 6 ?

-----

It would be nice, if someone else (who knows the existing functions
better) could contribute this function:

int unit_goto_in_one_turn(struct unit *punit,int x,int y,int available_moves);

It should return 1 if its possible for the unit 'punit' to go to the
coordinates 'x'/'y' in 'available_moves' moves, and 0 if its impossible.
I do not think its very hard to do, if you know 'gotohand' and that
ai-stuff.

-----

Who is the 'master of the cvs-code', because I need some changes in
'struct player' and 'struct city' and want to discuss this
first. (perhaps it will be in a new freeciv-version)

for each city I need the auto-attack options
for each player I need the diplomacy options

-----

As a matter of discussion: Is it a good idea to implement auto-attack
for fortresses ? So you would be able to build outposts.

Thats all so far,
 -Sebastian