Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re-Hello.

To: jediknight@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Re-Hello.
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 18:21:52 +1100

Matt Busigin <jediknight@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd just like to leave a note saying that I've returned to the realm of
> FreeCiv, and will even start hacking it as soon as I've done a few projects
> that are on the go.

Welcome back, and happy hacking!

> I noticed 1.7.2 was finally released. :-)  Unfortunatly, I can't get it to
> run on my Debian system, again.  I think there was a mention of this in the
> FAQ to change the '-lXaw' library linking to the full path to the '.so.6'
> file.  I tried this, and it still barfs.  I'll have to read the FAQ again.
> I had it working in 1.7.0.

If you haven't solved this problem, one possibility would be to
get the xaw-wrappers Debian package, and then either:
    - use Lalo's deb of 1.7.2,
or: - get CVS freeciv and build your own deb with the build.debian
      script (see INSTALL.debian from CVS).
That should get the Xaw stuff right for you.

-- David