Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] improvement?

To: Sebastian Fischmeister <sfischme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] improvement?
From: Tony & <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 18:25:57 -0600

On Tue, Jan 05, 1999 at 01:06:37AM +0100, Sebastian Fischmeister wrote:
>So before the ai plays its turn, the auto-attack is
>started. There the computer looks in each city, which
>has the auto-attack enabled, if there is a target in
>the range for an aircraft (bomber or fighter) and if it
>is possible for the aircraft to return *home* [not
>another near city]. If yes -> attack !

        Yes.
        Garrison troops which have higher attack skills than defense
skills, and can attack with a high chance of success (>80%?) and return
home should do so.  The AI does not handle this very well.  This affects
much more than just airplanes.  Given the movement rate along rivers/roads,
even units like Horsemen could use this to good advantage.
        Currently, most AI games don't last long enough for airplanes to be
a factor.  They're usually over by 1600.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.