Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More American city names

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More American city names
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 21:41:33 -0200

On Jan 01, Jake Kesinger decided to present us with:

What is the status of the long-proposed loadable races?

One proposed suggestion (on the protocol side):

Upon connection, each client informs the serer a list of all
supported races. So the server computes the intersection
(for those not in maths, the set of races supported by all
clients) and offers it as the set of possible races.

This doesn't even have to touch the players number limit. First
14 races used are the ones served, period. :-)

[ I remembered this because I'd like to start seing some races
from fiction - like a "Heroes" where default leader is Superman
and we have cities like Metropolis, Gotham, Central City, Coast
City, Atlantis etc ;-) ]

[]s,
                                               +----
--
     And the sign said the words of the prophets
 are written on the subway walls and tenement halls