Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
[Freeciv-Dev] Xaw3d client (and an user suggested a nextaw one...)

To: FreeCiv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Xaw3d client (and an user suggested a nextaw one...)
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 22:29:49 -0200

I'm not being able to compile (and package) the Xaw3d client,
anyone that had success can lend a hand?

My system (or any other debian system I checked) doesn't have
/usr/include/X11/Xaw3d. So it dies up like
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I./../common -I. -I/usr/X11R6/include  -g -O2
-Wall -c pixcomm.c
In file included from pixcomm.c:54:
pixcommp.h:54: X11/Xaw3d/CommandP.h: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [pixcomm.o] Error 1

BTW the guy that kindly offered me an account on his machine to
do the job asked if a nextaw version wouldn't be easy to add now
that we know how. I didn't take it very seriously at first, and
even pointed him to the gtk client in development.

But then I thought again. I always thought xaw3d is only
slightly less lame than vanilla Xaw, while nextaw really manages
to look good. And perhaps a freeciv-nextaw would attract some
afterstep/window maker/gnustep addicts? ;-)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
     And the sign said the words of the prophets
 are written on the subway walls and tenement halls