Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More American city names

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] More American city names
From: falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Falk Hueffner)
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 15:11:28 GMT

On Fri, 1 Jan 1999 21:41:33 -0200, Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>What is the status of the long-proposed loadable races?
>
>One proposed suggestion (on the protocol side):
>
>Upon connection, each client informs the serer a list of all
>supported races. So the server computes the intersection
>(for those not in maths, the set of races supported by all
>clients) and offers it as the set of possible races.

Well, if you would put that much work in it, it would be much better
if the server would just send the relevant information to the clients
at startup.

It would send a list of all race names. If the client has not already
the flag, it gets also transmitted.

For the city name suggestion, one could make a round-trip package to
ask the server for one. Seems better to me than to compile it into the
client (and my AI-client could use it, too... hehe)

        Falk