Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] diplomats/spies defending vs incite

To: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] diplomats/spies defending vs incite
From: Tony & <stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 12:24:43 -0600

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 07:16:12PM +0100, Nicolas BRUNEL wrote:
> But, diplomats and spies are now more powerfull.
> I think they are overpowerfull.
> A city of size 1 cost around 25
> four times less than a settler.
> A beautifull city of size 10 costs around 500-800.
> It's too cheap.
> Against ai, I use to conduct diplomat wars.
> With at least a democracy of 20 cities, ai has no chance.
> Because once you have enough money to buy one of his town
> you have enough money to buy all his towns.
> Against human, diplomats are in all wars.
> They are widelly used.
>
> If others think that the cost
> for inciting a revolt in a town must increase,
> i will try to do it.

        This is partly because the AI's empty their treasury buying extra
units every turn.
        If they would keep money in reserve, the cities would be much
harder to buy out.
        Can someone with CivNet generate lots of data on city buy costs?
Distance from capital, treasury, happiness, etc would all be useful data.
I don't know for sure all that's relevant in Civ1.
--
Anthony J. Stuckey                              stuckey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"When I was young, the sky was filled with stars.