Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] diplomats/spies defending vs incite

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] diplomats/spies defending vs incite
From: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 19:16:12 +0100 (CET)

> Hi all,
>
> In cvs, I've removed (#if 0) the first check, so that now
> spies/diplomats have the usual chances to defend against
> incite as vs other diplomat/spy attacks.  If anyone disagrees
> with this change, speak up.
>
> -- David

I looked at the code.
Your change is the rigth thing to do.

But, diplomats and spies are now more powerfull.
I think they are overpowerfull.
A city of size 1 cost around 25
four times less than a settler.
A beautifull city of size 10 costs around 500-800.
It's too cheap.
Against ai, I use to conduct diplomat wars.
With at least a democracy of 20 cities, ai has no chance.
Because once you have enough money to buy one of his town
you have enough money to buy all his towns.
Against human, diplomats are in all wars.
They are widelly used.

If others think that the cost
for inciting a revolt in a town must increase,
i will try to do it.

Bye,