Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Hoover Dam bug?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Hoover Dam bug?
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 11:21:28 +1100

Greg Wooledge wrote:

> Andrew E. Schulman (andrex@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
>
> > - The help text says that a factory, mfg. plant, and the Hoover Dam each
> > add 50% to a city's production.

> A literal reading of this shows that the code is correct.  The bonus
> that you get from a Factory (normally 50%) is increased by 50%, so
> that you get a 75% production bonus.  With a Mfg. Plant and a Hydro
> Plant, the MP's normal 100% bonus is increased by 50%, to 150%.

Civ1 (actually playing the game and seeing what happens) seems to
follow Andrew's additive interpretation though.  That is, for a
city with raw shields P, and Q = P/2
  Factory => production is P + Q  (1.5P)
  Factory + Mfg Plant => P + 2*Q  (2P)
  Factory + Power Plant or equivalent => P + 2*Q  (2P)
  Factory + Mfg Plant + Power => P + 3*Q  (2.5P)
(with some rounding anomalies if P is odd...)

Can anyone check Civ2?

But I'm not sure if we should change this now, if just change
the docs and change the rules in a future version.

-- David