Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: December 1998:
Por player (was Re: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv/debian in dist? - SUMMARY)

To: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Por player (was Re: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv/debian in dist? - SUMMARY)
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 13:21:28 -0200

On Dec 03, David Pfitzner decided to present us with:
> Lalo Martins wrote:
>
> >     (and I'm a very poor player, I don't last half an hour
> >     against an AI)
>
> Have you tried the easy-mode AI I added recently?

Tuesday. I _and_ my cousin were team-managing the Mongols, and
the Romans and Egyptians were easy AIs (cvs1126).

We were completely obliterated by the Romans before we even
found an Egyptian (because of the omniscience, IMHO). The game
lasted about half an hour, that's where I got the above figure
from. :-)

Plus, we were in Phalanx-age (before dying we managed to
research up to catapults and horsemen), while Rome attacked us
with legions and later musketeers.

When we were defeated and could see the world map, we found out
that Egyptians had navigation. Scaring.

Of course I haven't read Masimo's "Illustrated Game" yet
(neither have my cousin), so we classify as absolutely newbies.
Still we found it very scaring. Isn't there _really_ a way of
making a non-omniscient AI? [Perhaps one level below "easy"? I
figure... Hard, Normal, Easy, Dumb ;-)]

[]s,
                                               +----
--
     And the sign said the words of the prophets
 are written on the subway walls and tenement halls