Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A suggestion which might add something to the game

To: Sigurd Brattsti Sørensen <sigurdbs@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] A suggestion which might add something to the game
From: Esben Haabendal Soerensen <ehs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 15:18:51 +0100 (MET)

On Sat, 21 Nov 1998, Sigurd Brattsti Sørensen wrote:

> Would it be possible to implement that ships could sail up rivers?
> It's just something that's been annoying me, it's really quite natural
> that
> a ship should be able to sail on rivers. In addition it would bring some
> new aspects to the game, like being able to move ships form inland lakes
> to the ocean.

It is not always that naturally for a ship to be able to sail up
a river.
Most oceanic ships cannot sail in shallow water as rivers are.

It would be unrealistic to sail a hangarship or battleship up
any small river!

--
/Esben  (bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

: But for some things, Perl just isn't the optimal choice.

(yet)   :-)
             -- Larry Wall in <199702221943.LAA20388@xxxxxxxx>