Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Silliness in FC_CHECK_X_LIB

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Silliness in FC_CHECK_X_LIB
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 19:52:51 +1100

I wrote:

> I have though found another similar problem.  On Solaris, -lsocket
> and -lnsl are put in X_EXTRA_LIBS (by AC_PATH_XTRA), and then we check
> them again and put them in LIBS, so they get doubled up on the link line.

I found some interesting discussion and examples about similar issues
on the automake mailing list archive; eg, particularly
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/automake/1998-Jul/ and the thread
"Finding -lnsl -lsocket?"

Looks like it should also give ways to solve the configure problems
people had with SGI/IRIX.

-- David