Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] scenarios in dist

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] scenarios in dist
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 20:13:51 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998, Peter Schaefer wrote:
> And splitting it makes the editor incompatible and it will
> duplicate the graphical code for the client;
> Shouldn't it at least share sth. with the client and the server ?

Of course :) We have already agreed that the client should be
redesigned so that the different gui targets share as much code as
possible; it would be only natural to also share as much code as possible
with a map editor. I just think they will be easier to maintain as two
separate programs.

Yours,
Per