Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] Plans for the future

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Plans for the future
From: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 12:02:31 +1100

Dear Freeciv team,

David Pfitzner and I have been discussing a roadmap for
versions, and what goes into them.  Here's our latest
edition.  I hope that this is generally acceptable.  Please
let us know if you have comments.

In particular, we really really want to get 1.7.2 out
as soon as possible.

Some of these items refer to things we've been discussing.  I'll
post a followup message with these.

1.7.2:  "as soon as possible"

CVS version (no 1.7.1 bugs, various new features)
Most recent dwp patches (non-rulesets) not yet in.
Various patches to makefiles/configure.
  including DATADIR, Xaw3d, config.h, targets?, ...?
  Wanted: check -Wall -pedantic ?
An attempt at correct building on Sun and SGI.
  Sun: common libxpm paths problems
  SGI: don't use obsolete compat libs just because they're there
Any non-radical icon changes?  In particular, we want the icon
  size to stay around 30x30 or 32x32.
Any other important+bugfree(tm) (ie relatively small) patches out there?
Wanted: Some sort of easy AI mode.
  (Fuzzy ifs, micro-management quotas, ...)

Post-1.7.2:

A Freeciv utils pack, with civscore x 2 (xgraph/xforms), the
Civ II gfx converter, the icon splitter and other goodies.

1.7.3:

New tilesets, either from Daniel Bennet, or from Ralf Engels.
Correct builds on all Sun and SGI machines.
dwp's rulesets.
Space race.
Civil war.
Improved races (Massimo's patch).

1.7.4:

Fixups for the above.

1.8:

Protocol change to network byte order.
GTK, Xaw, no abstraction layer.  (Done)

2.0:

GTK, Xaw, abstraction layer.  Although by this time, we
may be in a position to do away with Xaw.

Regards,

Mitch.
--
| mailto:mjd@xxxxxxxxxx       | Not the official view of: |