Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] scenarios in dist

To: Porterd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] scenarios in dist
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 22:12:32 +1100

David J Porter wrote:

> WRT scenarios, are there any guidelines for creating them?  Should there be
> supporting text along with them?

That would be nice.  I think currently one has to copy based on existing
scenarios, or consult the source.

> As an aside to this, what is the possibility of adding some sort of selector
> for
> these along the lines of the SimCity scenario selector?  (It would then be
> convenient to include a small [64x64??] graphic and short description with the
> .sav file, maybe even embeding them in the .sav file itself.)

That would neat.  Probably most likely as part of a graphical front
end to the server (like the tk one I recall hearing about?)
Another cool possibility which would make a good addition to the
planned utils pack would be ... a map editor! :-)

-- David