Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] Hello

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Hello
From: Nicolas BRUNEL <brunel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 00:12:29 +0100 (CET)

Hello all,

this is the first time I mail in this mailing list.
I have discovered freeciv a few days ago.
I noted some details :
        - It is too easy to increase knowledge even with
a researchspeed of 20. during each game, i saw destroyers
before the year 0. Military units becomes obsolete too soon.
        - I ve got problems with pollution.
It was cause by towns owned by the computer which have not
settlers left to cope with it.
Does the military units destroy ennemy settlers cleaning the land ?
If so, there is no way to prevent global warming !
I fixed it by setting warninglevel to a high value.
        - From time to time, units seem to disapear. Refresh problem ?

Except for this points, you have done really a good job.
I hardly have any time left for sleeping or working now.

Concerning diplomats and spies attaking from boat.
Remember that a spy unit represents just a few men.
A square in civ may represents a area of a hundred kilimoters by
a hundred kilometers.
It is easy for a group of men to land at night somewhere and sneak into
the city later.

Concerning making an easy ai skill,
ai may have a chance to forget its decision.
In this case, it won't apply it.
If the situation hasn't changed, it will take the same decision at the
next round. And so on ...
The ai will be slow to react.
I think it will be easiest to defeat.

Bye,