Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: October 1998:
[Freeciv-Dev] Diplomat/Spy Patch

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Diplomat/Spy Patch
From: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 09:07:48 +1300

Oops - no attachment!!!!!  I'll try again.

Hi All,

Well after dragging my feet for a long time, here is a patch that fixes a
couple of problems with the spy/diplomat code.

1.  You now no longer get the the spy/diplomat menus if you have insufficient
moves to complete.

2.  When you bribe a unit you no longer get all the hit points back.
Therefore bribing a damaged unit will result in you getting a unit with the
same damage.  This also applies when you bribe a city - all units inside
retain their original hit points.

3.  As per an earlier consensus on the list, damaged units cost less to bribe
by the following formula:

        cost = original_cost/2 + (original_cost/2 * hp_left/hp)

Therefore a unit with just 1 hp left will cost just over half the undamaged
cost.

It is diff'd from the current CVS, so you can apply straight away - Mitch???

Cheers Kris...