Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2003:
[freeciv-data] Re: RFC future techs/units/improvements

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: RFC future techs/units/improvements
From: Miguel Farah <miguel@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:35:07 -0400

 Miguel Farah [27/08/2003 09:38] dijo/said:
> Paul Zastoupil [26/08/2003 16:29] dijo/said:
>>One thing I liked about playing CTP was all the future techs and
>>associated improvements and units.
>>
>>While Freeciv has a few techs that might be considered "future" as well
>>as a future wonder, I think it would be cool to include some more.
>>
>>I know that many multiplayer games never make it much past steam engine,
>>but lots of people (in fact most of them) play singleplayer.
>>
>>So this is a request for comments on adding future stuff :)
>>
>>Please respond with ideas of future techs, units, improvements and
>>wonders that could be included into Freeciv's rulsets.
>
>Quite a while ago, I designed a "Future Modpack" incorporating loads of
>new technologies. I didn't do much with it, due to lack of time (and
>programming skills, and ...) and the fact that some of them were TOO
>much.
>
>Anyway, this is the design spec I have:
>[.....]

Digging into the draft files, I found this interesting tidbit that I
forgot about yesterday:

new government: megaenterprise (ruled by a CEO)
increased production, science and trade; increased unhappiness;
units easily bribed; conquered cities may defect.

--
MIGUEL FARAH              //   NOmigSPuelAM@xxxxx
#include <disclaimer.h>   //   http://www.farah.cl