Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2002:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] new generalized calendars

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] new generalized calendars
From: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 17:32:09 -0500

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 12:11:13AM +0200, Thomas Strub wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 05:00:32PM -0500, Mike Kaufman wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 10:06:09AM +0200, Davide Pagnin wrote:
> > > 2) After you LAUNCH your spaceship (or someone else launches it) the
> > > calendar promptly start to follow the '1 year/turn' calendar
> >
> > this sounds good. we should do this. This will solve problems with
> > generalized calendars. We can also get rid of the spaceship parts crud.
> > The code will overall be nicer and shorter.
> >
> > What do other people think?
>
> Aren't there subyears in the generalized calendars?
> Think than <= 1 year/turn.

yes, but we can now have a spaceship field that tells us which timeframe to
switch into when a ship is launched or simply switch to the last timeframe
available. (for the default freeciv calendar, the last frame would be
1 year/turn.

before, we had to worry about spaceship parts and the 5,2,1 year/turn
thing.

-mike