Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: May 2002:
[freeciv-data] Re: Russian.ruleset

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Russian.ruleset
From: Miguel Farah <miguel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2002 20:55:13 -0400

 Thanasis Kinias [04/05/2002 12:36] dijo/said:
>[...]
>What I'd really like to do (very long-term) is make available automated
>translation for captured cities.  I tend to do this "manually" in games
>I play.  In other words, if as the Greek player I capture New York, I
>will be prompted to change the name to "Néa Yórki"; were I Russian, it
>would give me "N'ju-Jork".  That, this geek thinks, would be über-cool.
>But making up all those translation files would not be a small task.

OTOH, what I like to do is to rename cities I conquer to my countries'
names, so -for example- when I conquer London, it becomes Laredo, Zagreb
becomes Reus, Kaapstad becomes Valdecantazo del Pedregal, etcetera.

I'd love to see an option in Freeciv that, when set, automatically
renames a conquered city to a name of your country list. This implies an
additional feature: Freeciv should save the older name(s) of the city,
so, should it be reconquered, it would get its older name back.

>(And to any another other Orthodox folks on the list, Christós anésti --
>Happy Easter!)

Anistos anésti (hope I got the spelling right)