Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: April 2002:
[freeciv-data] Re: serbian ruleset

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: serbian ruleset
From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 08:47:16 -0700

scripsit Uros Lepota:

> RP> I'm sure a Serbian nation included into the Freeciv distribution will need
> RP> to include only cities that belong to Serbia today.  Of course you can
> RP> always offer alternative nations elsewhere.
>
>     Also, the same problem we have with the cities.. There are some
>     cities like (Titovo Uzice) with new/old names. Titovo Uzice is now
>     same name as before communism Uzice (because Tito is dead :)..
>     Also.. Svetozarevo is now Jagodina etc.. Also.. Titova Mitrovica
>     in Kosovo is now Kosovska Mitrovica..

Yes.  A good rule of thumb is to use pre-1919 names, in the form of the
native tongue of that civilization.  In Russia today, not all cities
have reverted yet to their old names (e.g., Caricyn or Tsaritsyn is
still AFAIK called Volgograd), but I would use Caricyn in the ruleset.

--
Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul