Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: March 2002:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog

To: <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Alternative nation dialog
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 13:17:13 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Mark Metson wrote:
> >     init_techs = "Tech1, Tech2, Tech3"
>
> That is all very well for modpack authors, but it doesn't help players who
> want to speed the game along a little by setting techlevel=number before
> starting the game. They should be able to do that and have it mean the
> nations all are that many steps along each nation's usual path, instead of
> it putting in random techs that could be out of character or at least off
> the beaten track for particular nations.

Ok, now I understand what you mean. Yes, that should be changed.

> Great. For modpacks, updated info on what aspects of which buildings are
> hardcoded and which can effectively be changed would be useful.

This code is currently in transition, with generalised improvement effects
gradually being put into cvs. If you want to know what is being planned in
this field and how it is progressing, ask on freeciv-dev.

Yours,
Per

"What we anticipate seldom occurs: but what we least expect generally
happens." -- Benjamin Disraeli