Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: June 2001:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: SU planes

To: Freeciv data/ <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: SU planes
From: Felix Ring <e9925202@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 11:13:42 +0200 (METDST)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Reinier Post wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 02:07:47PM +0100, Andreas D. Landmark wrote:
>
> > The Zeppelinners did have a slight defense, infantry armed with conventional
> > weapons shooting back at the planes, but they were as you might imagine
> > not very effective due to the easy target the Zeppelin would be even from
> > the ground.
>
> That's why I think defense should be at most 1 (but against land units,
> I don't know) while attack can be higher.

I think at this point it should be decided whether zeppelins should be
weak, though early air attackers, or optimized for spy purposes.
I'd rather suggest the second, because I think you should need Combustion
for a Zeppelin to build, what do you guys think?
After combustion it won't take long till you got Flight, so maybe you'd
rather wait for fighters than building a Zeppelin. But using Zeppelins for
spying would be of great value, even when you can already build bombers.
Because of the blocking reason, mentioned in the previous mail, it should
have attack 0 when used as a spy unit.

Felix