Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: June 2001:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: SU planes

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Cc: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv data/)
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: SU planes
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 12:48:36 +0200

> Grzegorz Borowiak dijo/said:

> >I have another idea. Zeppelin. It would have move 6, defense 3 and attack
> >0 and would have unlimited fuel. Purpose: scout, causing no unhappiness.

How can a zeppelin have defense > 0 ?  And how can it move so fast?

> >Overall, I think there are too few air units. And pity that AI don't use
> >it...

No more than 1% of the games I've played reach the stage of flight.

> That is a COOL idea. I'd give it vision 4, so it'd be a good scout.
>
> Of course, it poses a problem: it should be able to be in the same
> square as an enemy land unit. Has this been implemented in the code?

Isn't this the same for all planes?

Units of friendly nations can already share squares, but it is not a
ruleset feature to allow this.  It would be similar to the 'ignore ZOC'
feature.

--
Reinier