Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: Amusing ambiguity in English

To: <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Amusing ambiguity in English
From: "Wong TM (Huang Deming)" <lookmeow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:01:14 +0800

        Extracted from one of the website regarding AI.

One of the early natural language programs could translate Russian to English,
and vice versa. When it converted the English phrase "The spirit is willing but
the flesh is weak" to Russian, then back to English, it came up with "The vodka
is good but the meat is rotten".