Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: Semicolons in rulesets

To: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Semicolons in rulesets
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 23:29:02 +1000 (EST)

Dmitriy Genzel <udgenzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'd like to know whether this is intentional and how I should deal with
> it:
>
> data/civ2/buildings.ruleset, around line 77
>
> ; FIXME: use this help text when gen-impr implemented...
> ; helptext = _("\
> ; Allows a city to grow larger than size 8.  A Sewer System is also\
> ;  required for a city to grow larger than size 12.\
> ; ")
>
> Now, that creates an entry in .po files that has all those semicolons
> inside the string. I presume I should ignore this?

I guess we will want such strings translated eventually (without
the semicolons ;-)  once the mentioned fix is done, but for now
seems easiest to have gettext ignore these.  I have commited a fix
which does this (add C-style commenting around string, since gettext
is parsing these files as though C).  Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,
-- David