Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Chile/Pennsylvania/Texas flags/rulesets

Cc: freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Chile/Pennsylvania/Texas flags/rulesets
From: Jake Kesinger <kesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 16:48:55 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 1 Aug 2000, Reed Meyer wrote:
>      I have seen the post by the guy submitting a Texas patch.  I agree
> with his .ruleset (i.e., his cities, and his choice of names for rulers).
> But, please, use the flag/shield included in this tarfile.  Thanks!

That would be me.

The main difference in my Texas XPMs and Reed&Juan's XPMs are that his
have a wider blue band on the left, and a correspondingly larger star.

In the shield, IMO, their star is too large and the blue band is way
too wide.

Their Texas trident flag has a more star-like star, but the band is still
too wide.  I don't think there's a good solution; my band is better than
theirs but their star is better than mine.

So in terms of Texas XPMs, I think the following should be chosen:

Engels flag: Mine.  (They didn't provide one)
Trident flag: I haven't the slightest idea.  They're both OK, I guess.
Shield: I think I prefer mine.  Of course, the *best* solution would be to
        make it Texas-shaped. :-)  The shape of Texas is pretty strongly
        identified with Texan identity down here, and it's also pretty
        similar to the shield shape. Attached is a possible version.
        [Yes, this is mostly tongue-in-cheek]

  ==Jake

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --
-- File: texas-texhield.xpm

/* XPM */
static char * texas_texhield_xpm[] = {
"13 13 6 1",