Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: November 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#8992) Patch: Building ferries

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#8992) Patch: Building ferries
From: "Raahul Kumar" <raahul_da_man@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 15:46:50 -0800

--- Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > So, a simpler feed-back system instead. I'm sympathetic to a simpler
> > approach. I'll try a feedback control system.
>
> The patch is very nice.  I have some minor corrections, but we can do them
> later.  We need to discuss the logic of selecting the number of boats to
> be built.

Can I request all of this discussion, including your reasoning, be made
available to future AI developers? If Syela had done this, Greg, we would have
progressed a lot further in modifying the AI code. I have to admit this
explanation was great, considering I've never even looked at the boat code.
After reading this explanation, I actually understood the pros and cons, and
know why you inserted those mysterious magic numbers ; ).

Maybe in the Readme.AI section? I know for a fact that I don't bother trailing
through all the archives for all the good important AI stuff that lies hidden.

Aloha,
RK.

*Busy doing exams*