Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: October 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#8992) Patch: Building ferries

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#8992) Patch: Building ferries
From: "Benedict Adamson" <badamson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 12:12:20 -0800

Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> No, but I have a savegame. The first player (who I watched) stayed on his
> starting island all the game. The other players seemed content to do the
> same. Other games I watched did not have this problem.

What seems to be happening is that the ferry building code notes that
there are passengers being built, but they will not be completed for
several turns, so it does not switch a city to building a ferry.
However, the player then spends gold to complete the passenger. In some
circumstances that sequence could repeat forever.

I've made a fix that guarantees the following:
* Force building the first ferry if we have even one passenger being
built (even if that passenger will not be completed for quite some time).
* Ensure that, if we are building ferries, building ferry passengers
will never have higher 'want' than building the ferries.

The fix seems to work for the saved game you provided. I'll test it
further and include it in the next version of my patch.