Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: October 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10216) AI Builds Too Many Transports

To: badamson@xxxxxxxxxxx, dj67@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#10216) AI Builds Too Many Transports
From: "Jason Short" <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:13:58 -0700

Benedict Adamson wrote:

> Jason Short wrote:
>
>>Greg, unless you can do something with the PR#8992 patch I think we need
>>to go with the patch in this ticket.

> I'm currently working on an enhanced version of the PR#8992 patch, which
> can build more than one ferry, works well for a range of conditions,
> adjusts 'want' values, and respects the AI handicaps. This work is at
> the testing stage, so I should be ready to submit it for public
> inspection by the weekend. The enhancement makes some major changes to
> Gregory's patch, so would need careful inspection.

We need a fix for the stable branch.  This should be the most
straightforward, least bug-prone solution.  In particular it should be
simple enough that I can understand it (unless Greg has some time this
weekend).

For the development branch we can have a more ambitious plan.  Of course
we can start with the simple solution and work from there.

jason