Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: September 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10183) Moving loop

To: desman@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] (PR#10183) Moving loop
From: "Gregory Berkolaiko" <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:53:46 -0700

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004, Oursinou Desman wrote:

> I had problem on some games with this sub-routine. I have logs and debug
> dumps if you need but I
> hope my explainations will be enough.

Your explanations are clear enough.  I would be interested to see a
savegame where this bug appears though.

I see 2 ways to fix the potential loop.  One is to save our number of
turns as well as (x,y) and then quit if we happen to move on a rail-road.
This is a bit brutal.

A somewhat less brutal way is to have a depth-of-recursion argument to
ai_manage_explorer