Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#9846) AI should count other players in it's territo

To: mstefek@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#9846) AI should count other players in it's territory
From: "Marko Lindqvist" <marko.lindqvist@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 03:30:35 -0700

Mateusz Stefek wrote:
> I think it's better to count units of allies too, because AI is too naive.

  Good point, but this also makes it impossible to help in allys
defence. Even when I'm not yet ready to get offensive I still want to
prevent enemy from getting stronger. So I want to help defending weaker
nations that would otherwise lose territory to him. I'm not so worried
about not being able to attack common enemy through allys territory (one
have to use transports to get troops around land controlled by ally,
transport capacity limits number of units used for attack)
  So, I'm not sure if counting allied units too would have more positive
or negative impacts. Depends on gaming style... ruleset option for this
would be a bit overkill?

  - Caz