Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: August 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#9659) RfP: Even better AI logging

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#9659) RfP: Even better AI logging
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:38:33 -0700

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> > No doubt the immediate problem is caused by settlers patch. We can cull
> > this as a short term solution.
>
> Not really, since I was looking at CITY_LOGs, not UNIT_LOGs.
> Some code in military unit want prints a lot of crap.

ai_eval_buildings prints a lot of crap, but this function is going away
the moment Vasco commits the effects patch, along with the noisy log call.

> > where <group> is a string and listed in "help debug", though. A little bit
> > more work to implement, but so much more easy to use.
>
> What do you mean by <group> is a string and listed in "help debug"?

eg /debug buildings city 15 16

/help debug shows "buildings" as an alternative for "city" along with,
say, "military" and "misc".

> Will you make a patch or will we put it as a Help Wanted item, wait for
> 1/2 year and then you make a patch? ;)

Wait for 1/2 year sounds good right now.