Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: July 2004:
[freeciv-ai] Re: puppeteer patches builded over versions that do not com

To: Guillermo Lopez Alejos <100030179@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: puppeteer patches builded over versions that do not compile
From: Jason Dorje Short <jdorje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:23:54 -0400

Guillermo Lopez Alejos wrote:

To compile with e.g. Feb-27 patch you better
take the Feb-27 CVS snapshot. not the current CVS.

I need to update the patch so that it would compile with the current CVS.

Yes, I've seen that I can't patch the current versión. Anyway I've not
been able to compile the patched Feb-27 CVS snapshot. I'm using Debian
SID and I think the only client I can compile is the GTK 2.0, and
puppeteer is GTK dependant.

I use debian unstable and can compile and run all clients except gui-mui. (Of course gui-sdl doesn't compile at all.)

Why is puppeteer written as an add-on to gui-gtk rather than as its own gui? It should be a separate gui-txt IMO.

jason