Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: October 2003:
[freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6567) AI has too many boats.

To: Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: (PR#6567) AI has too many boats.
From: "Mark Metson" <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 22:29:12 -0700

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

> These are very good ideas, but they are laso quite complicated.  If you
> want to have a go at implementing them -- please do.  I personally prefer
> to start with a simplistic solution and then _maybe_ increase the
> complexity until things are working in a satisfactory way.

Good idea. A general consideration I wonder about right off the bat is how
stateless is the AI and how stateless should it ideally be? I guess this
probably boils down to does/should a savegame tell us only what things
exist and where or does it tell us past intentions such as maybe a mission
profile or role for a unit? When we load up a game do we know which units
are intended to have specific roles or do we have to guess all that or
maybe rather not care about that and instead figure out what roles we now
want to give them given that we might be a higher-tech AI than the one
that originally set up the position that is recorded in the savegame?

-MarkM-

--
Got a website? Get 10,000+ hits a day FREE...
http://makemoney.knotwork.com/10000hits/